5 Steps to Register as a Freelancer

After being through the process of becoming a freelancer in the Netherlands, I thought of sharing the info on how to register at the Kamer van Koophandel (Chamber of Commerce). If you know someone that might find it useful, please share it. Furthermore, if there is any way I can help you with, please don't hesitate to contact me. I would be delighted to assist in any way I can.

Step 1. Check if you must register at the Chamber of Commerce.
There are 3 criteria used to determine if you are an entrepreneur. Check if they apply to you. You can verify here.

Step 2. Think of a company name!
To begin with, get all the help you can. Ask people for ideas and explore a business name generator online. Make sure it is short and that it expresses who you are and what you do. In my case, I asked my students, friends, and family to lend me a hand. We all did research and voted on the name. This went on for weeks. Until one day, it just felt right.

Step 3. Prepare a business plan.
It is important to write down a document where, at least, you include: Who you are, business location, objective and description of your company, an estimate of working hours, approximate annual income and expenses, and a marketing plan.

Step 4. Register online.
Begin your registration process online. You will be asked for information that you have mostly already worked on in your business plan. To begin the registration, go here.

Step 5. Make an appointment.
Once you have filled out the online registration, you will receive an email where you are invited to complete the process by making an appointment. Here you can make it.

That is it! At the KvK in Eindhoven, I had a superb experience. The person that registered me even offered to take a picture while I was signing the papers!



Now, every benefit comes with a responsibility. Being registered involves certain obligations and responsibilities. On January 16th, I will attend an orientation seminar. When I learn more about it, I'll post the information. 

 And if you are curious about the process for the logo design, don't miss next week's post. ;-)

Comments

  1. Your very own commitment to getting the message throughout came to be rather powerful and have consistently enabled employees just like me to arrive at their desired goals.external audit frims in dubai

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It makes a difference to know someone found the information useful. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Inburgering Part 1: Reading Exam

Resources and tips for your Spreken Inburgeringexamen

Learning Dutch and the Difference Between White and Brown Eggs