Resources and tips for your Spreken Inburgeringexamen


     
    
     Speaking in Dutch can be intimidating if it is something you don't regularly do. Fortunately, the list of online resources to get ready for the exam are quite many, seriously! 

     Now, hold on a little. Before we go and open the treasure of goodies, I would like to talk about some tips a friend of mine was kind enough to share (she wishes to remain anonymous):

  • Trust yourself. You might hear others recording their answers. Don't pay attention to them. Focus on what you want to say and record it.
  • Speak with confidence. Shyness is no good company during the recording process. Even if you think it is noisy, your voice should be clear, calm, and sound.
  • Record more than once. If you don't like how the recorded answer sounds, do it again, always being aware of time.

     Nice! Many thanks for your patience. We're ready now. Are you sitting down to receive the treasure box of material to study from? Take a look at this beauty:



     As you can see, Virtuele Training offers many exercises to choose from. Additionally, I have two more sources with extra material:

     Since I haven't started studying for this test, I can't tell if the YouTube channel has videos that you can also find in other mentioned sites or shared links. I have a feeling that it does, but can't tell for sure yet. My exam is on August 23rd so I'll find out before then, hopefully!

     As for my advice, I have two important things to say:

  • One: Focus on the QUESTIONS. The answers might not be correct. Use these exercises for ideas on the questions, but don't trust the answers they give, especially in the YouTube Channel. I found some comments by a native speaker talking about several mistakes he had found. 
  • Two:  Practice with a native speaker. I believe there is no Dutch person that would not want to help you, on the contrary; and if you have Dutch friends, you're going to have a blast while studying! 


     Last, but not least, remember to enjoy the learning process! Embrace the language and make it part of your everyday life. As I see it, if not, what's the point? 

Tot de volgende keer!

Update:
Here is another YouTube Channel for practicing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inburgering Part 1: Reading Exam

Learning Dutch and the Difference Between White and Brown Eggs