As Steven Tyler sings: I Make My Own Sunshine

I say hey, let's make a rainbow
Look for a pot of gold
I'll show you how to keep it nice and easy
And even if a cloud comes forming on my love today
There's nothing (nothing), no, nothing that could stand in my way


It don't matter if it's raining
Nothing can phase me
I make my own sunshine
And if



Have you listened to the song "I Make My Own Sunshine"? Let me help you. Watch and listen:




     When one moves abroad, and for love, there are days when it is difficult to keep it all together. I wish I could say, "It's been easy, like a holiday!" Or maybe, "It's as wonderful as a dream come true!" Truth to be told, my friends, is that some days you have to make your own sunshine.

     Now, there are days when someone comes and brightens it. For me, Monday was that day. Why? Because on Monday, Olga Koltsova's article about me was published! And you know what? It was a gift, a much-needed one. The reason being? Olga's article inspired me to share my story. Some might say, Who would want to read you?! (Yes, someone really told me that.) On the other hand, some might enjoy what I have to share. Better, you be the judge on that. I'll leave you with Olga Koltsova's article Take a kǔkske – instead of a koekje*. Before you go and read it, I must add that I feel so grateful towards her for taking the time to understand some of what I have gone through, and also to have the sensibility to notice who I am and what I have to give. To Olga: I wish you a 2018 where you can find different channels for your voice and many stages to present all the stories you have to tell. Olga, make your own sunshine.

   Goede nacht!

*When you read the article, please note that Asly, my Tandem Project partner, is not from Noord Brabant, but from Wijk bij Duurstede in Utrecht. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inburgering Part 1: Reading Exam

Resources and tips for your Spreken Inburgeringexamen

Learning Dutch and the Difference Between White and Brown Eggs