It is the end of the year, and one starts thinking of what has been accomplished and what one desires for next year. Oh, dear! I hadn't reflected on it until a cheerful friend of mine asked me about my 2018 goals. Then, and to follow up on my top priorities, I settled on a plan of action. In it, I pursue and select activities which bring me excitement, joy, and that in a certain way, provide nourishment to my brain and soul, as for me, like knitting or visiting museums.
What is at the top of my list?
What will I do in order to foster personal growth?
To begin with, two cities and three museums. Would you like to join me? :-)
City: Den Haag
- Museum 2: Mauritshuis
- Showing: From their permanent collection, Steen, Vermeer, Rembrandt and Frans Hals.
- Entrance: Free with Museumkaart (normally €14)
- Why: To follow Rembrandt and Steen after having seen Top 10 on Tour. I mean, who doesn't love the Dutch Golden Age?! I know, not everyone, but I do!
- Museum 3: Gemeente Museum Den Haag
- Showing: GONZÁLEZ, PICASSO EN VRIENDEN and HAAGSE CHIC STELTMAN
- Entrance: Free with Museumkaart (normally €14.50)
- Why: The first exhibition, to follow Picasso around too. About the second one, it is something different. It is a novelty for me since the theme is jewelry and silverware, and it ends on February 18th.
How to prepare for the visits?
I suggest you read all the information you can find about the exhibitions. Study the paintings, explore the places and characters. And why not? Find a music piece that matches the art according to you! Another possibility is to get in touch with ARTSY Language Studio (me as a freelancer) and book a session previous to your visits. A prior approach would allow you to make your visit an unforgettable and enriching one. If you want more information, feel free to contact me at email@example.com.
I wonder what our plans might have in common for next year, or how different they rather are. It would be awesome to learn from you!