My Ten Must-Have doTERRA Oils - Part 1

   A couple of weeks ago, Ayşenur (a Turkish blogger herself) and I were brainstorming ideas for our next posts. One thing led to another and before we realized it, I had taken out my Deep Blue Rub and she was applying it on her neck and shoulder. When I gave her a mini-sample to take home, she wondered, "Why not write about essential oils?" To which I replied, "What a superb idea!"

   Later, after she had left, I took out my doTERRA collection and began thinking about the oils I would like to include. After debating with myself for hours and hours and hours, maybe even a couple of days, I chose only 10. Only ten?! Yes! Believe me, you don't really want to know how many I have. Or, do you?

Breathe
   Breathe is a respiratory blend. This is one of my most used oils during the winter. It helps me clear my airways and breathe better when having a cold. I add some drops to my diffuser, or rub it everywhere: feet, chest, back, neck, hands (to inhale), and the tip of my nose. It includes laurel leaf, eucalyptus leaf, peppermint plant, melaleuca leaf, lemon peel, cardamom seed, and ravintsara leaf essential oils.





Citrus Bliss
   Citrus Bliss is an invigorating blend. I use it in my diffuser all the time, unless I run out of it. It helps me uplift my mood and let go of stress. Citrus Bliss is a blend that contains: wild orange peel, lemon peel, grapefruit peel, mandarin peel, bergamot peel, tangerine peel, Clementine peel essential oils and Vanilla Bean Absolute. You could compare it with the blends Elevation or Cheer, but I like Citrus Bliss even better. 




Deep Blue Rub
   I must say it is wonderful cream, but I don't look forward to needing it. Because of its ingredients (wintergreen, camphor, peppermint, ylang ylang, Helichrysum, blue tansy, blue chamomile, and Osmanthus), it has a soothing and cooling effect that helps alleviate muscle pain. I usually need it for my back and neck when under a lot of stress (more often than I would like to admit). And... I always make sure I have Deep Blue Rub little packets to give to those ones in need.




Lavender
   Let's talk about two of its main benefits. 
1. It is extraordinary to calm down, ease tension. For example, a friend of mine has started using it on her children's pillows. Now, they sleep like angels!
2. It has antifungal properties, unbelievable antifungal properties. How do I use it? A drop on my underwear. Yes! It works wonders! Is Candida driving you crazy? Lavender. I swear. That is how I began believing in essential oils. 



Lemon 
   It can be used for cleaning, purifying, flavoring, and removing glue or gum. When cooking, 4-5 drops in your diffuser would bring a lemon field to your kitchen. Do you need to remove a sticker? Lemon oil. Does your kid have gum in his hair? Lemon oil.  (This last tip is my sister's.)


   
   
   If you already know about essential oils, I am sure you have a million more tips for every one of them. Please do share in the comments section! We all benefit from others' experiences. On the other hand, if this is a new topic for you, do not hesitate to ask questions. One thing I would like to make clear is that this is not a business for me. I buy them all the time and share with friends and students. I just like to share the good things in life and, to me, this is one of them. 

   My next post will be about the oils that make the rest of the top ten list: Melaleuca, On Guard, Oregano, Peppermint, and Serenity.

Popular posts from this blog

Inburgering Part 1: Reading Exam

Resources and tips for your Spreken Inburgeringexamen

Learning Dutch and the Difference Between White and Brown Eggs