For You: Summer Gifts from the Koninklijke Bibliotheek


EVERY SUMMER,
FOR EVERYONE
IN THE NETHERLANDS,
TWO FREE GIFTS:
E-BOOKS AND AUDIOBOOKS


     Yes! The Koninklijke Bibliotheek promotes summer reading by offering a selection of e-books and audiobooks for free. They are available until September 1st.

How can I access the material?

     You just need to download the apps:


What does the LuisterBieb offer?

     They have books for children, young adults, and adults. For example, I chose a quite new book (2019) called Antoinette by Robbert Welagen. I'm listening to it while biking; and just now, I downloaded the Kindle version so I can read it too. (I did look for it in the library, but all copies are already taken.)



What can I find in the VakantieBieb?

   Again, they have a selection for every age. For example, for young people, they are classified by age: 04-06, 06-09, 09-12, 12-15, and 15-18. For adults: Information, fiction, and suspense. You can download the book and carry it with you everywhere!


Any other tips?
  • Do you have a bibliotheek membership? The audiobook app is available all year round. 
  • Would you like to keep working on your Dutch? This is a great way to practice. It is not about understanding everything, but about getting your brain to constantly listen and learn without you even noticing. Cool, if you ask me!
Tot de volgende keer!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inburgering Part 1: Reading Exam

Resources and tips for your Spreken Inburgeringexamen

Learning Dutch and the Difference Between White and Brown Eggs