Forgiveness, Acceptance and a TV series Recommendation
Everything comes with a price. I went to bed with this thought in my head. I woke up with the same thought. I asked myself, So you think everything comes with a price, right? Like what? Well, I came up with a few examples, like:The art of acceptance is the art of making someone who has just done you a small favor wish that he might have done you a greater one.
Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Honesty. People might not like what you have to say, and could walk away or distance themselves.
- Justice. Not everyone can afford it, and I'm not necessarily talking about money.
- Success. Sorting your priorities means there are other things that won't make it.
- Peace. Achieving it means you've gone through pain and/or suffering, and that's tough.
- Love. It isn't a bed of roses, is it? It's unavoidable to hurt and get hurt, but love must rise above it all.
- Respect. Vulnerability can make you a target, got to learn to stand your own ground.
- Family. Having it near or far, it's never easy.
My lesson for today is to remember this serenity prayer,
Before I leave you, I'll like to recommend a Netflix TV series that got me thinking, as you can see, quite intensely: De Twaalf. You'd also practice your Dutch since it's Flemish, or enjoy it with subtitles. It's about many things, among others about human nature, the pretty and the ugly. It makes for great discussions.